Definition of MAC Fix+ taken directly from maccosmetics.com
"An aqua-spritz of vitamin and minerals, infused with a calm-the-skin blend of green tea, chamomile, cucumber, topped off with the fresh, natural, energizing scent of Sugi. Adds radiance, finishes makeup. Spray it on. Skin drinks it up!"
VillabeauTIFFul definition = Vitamin Water infused cocktail for your skin. Basically a spray on moisturizer!
I have compiled a list of some of my favorite ways to use Fix+. Keep in mind that they might not work on everyone but at least you can try it and see if it works for you.
- use as a light moisturizer when you have oily to normal skin
- pair with your cream moisturizer for dry skin
- spritz on after your makeup to finish it (this is more to melt on the minerals together to set it. This spray does NOT make your makeup waterproof or sweatproof)
- for added moisturization on dry areas of your body such as hands, knees and elbows spray on selected area and then follow up with your favorite body lotion. The fragrance in Fix+ is very light so it will not alter the scent of the body lotion.
- make an eye cream cocktail for tired eyes and puffiness! Simply take a little bit of your favorite eye cream to the back of your hand (use the back of your hand as a working palette) and then add 2 drops of Fix+ to the cream, mix the eye cream with Fix+ together and apply cream with your ring finger to the under eye puffiness. Keep away from direct contact with your eye as it may irritate your eye. The caffeine and green tea are great ingredients to tone down puffiness.
- Full coverage foundation to heavy for you especially for the summer time? No problem, just spray a couple spritzes on your foundation brush to dampen it up a little and then apply your foundation. When the foundation brush picks up the liquid or cream foundation is thins it out by not picking up too much product. You can also make a foundation cocktail or concealer cocktail (same method as eye cream cocktail listed above) to thin out heavier products. I use this method a lot for my pro kit.
- Mix your loose eye shadows or pigments with Fix+ to create a paste/cream texture to apply to your lids. I find this works extremely well for full on color payoff and it's not as messy to work with. I actually prefer using all loose products this way, it totally changes the "oomph" of the product.
- I also have a small bottle of Fix+ with me in my purse when I feel I need a little pick me up for my makeup. You know the feeling when you had a long day at work and your makeup looks drab? A few spritzes will refresh your makeup looking fresh and alive again.
- Is your scalp feeling dry? Spray Fix+ on your roots and your scalp for a instant hair tonic moisturizer.
- Added too much blush? Don't worry just lightly mist your cheeks and take a clean brush (not the brush you applied the blush with) and blend away. This will create a softer, wash of color cheek.