The road to trying a new foundation..
I'll be honest- I always use the same foundation (MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC40) since I was 16 years old (over 10 years ago). I'm not too adventurous with foundations because Studio Fix Fluid works perfectly for me, so why should I change? But now I am on the hunt to find some other foundations to add to my collection. Who knows there might be a better foundation out there for me. I have decided to review one new foundation every month for 1 year to see if there is something out there that I will fall in love with. To start my foundation adventure I decided to try a drugstore brand that I've read about and watched YouTube reviews from several of my favorite beauty bloggers.
The Maybelline Dream Fluid Touch Foundation was on the top of my list. I was very intrigued to see how well it would wear and what type of coverage it would give me. I did my research before heading to Rite Aid (Maybelline was 40% off and I had a $4 off coupon- it was perfect timing). I browsed through the Maybelline website to see what they said about the foundation.
The following is taken directly from Maybelline.com
Breakthrough texture fuses with skin. A finish so impeccable, yet undetectable.
Medium to full coverage, ideal for normal skin.
Why You'll Love It
Breakthrough liquid foundation texture fuses with skin. A finish so imppecable, yet undetectable.
For Best Results
Unscrew cap. Holding dropper vertically,
allow foundation to drop onto fingertip.
Apply to face as usual.
I headed to RiteAid to find the shade, which was not a very good experience the first time around. Watch the video below and you'll see why.
Here is a compairson between MAC NC40 with Natural Beige 75 and Sun Beige 85
Here are my thoughts about the foundation:
- the foundation literally feels like silk! It glides on effortlessly and leaves a satin/matte finish.
- the more I layered the foundation it didn't look cakey or look like I was wearing a lot of foundation.
- even though it was hard to find a color I found that SUN BEIGE worked for me for my NC40 skin tone. However, I am interested to see how one shade darker would look.
- I usually don't like foundation that has a SPF higher than 15 because it has that unique SPF smell. I did not find that "SPF" scent to this foundation. However, I did find a scent to it.. like alchohol? But it didn't bother me once I applied it.
- I hate the applicator thingy!!! I really wish it came with a pump. It would make things so much easier. I feel that applying it to the back of the hand and then applying it with your fingers would waste so much products. With a pump you can pump the foundation directly on to the brush or to your fingertips.
- The price is a little high ($10.99) for a 20 ml / .67fl oz bottle. Is this a typical price for a drugstore foundation? I haven't bought drugstore foundation for awhile so to me this is a little high. Definitely, check if there's coupons on there to lower the price or wait until drugstores have 40%-50% off or even BOGO (Buy one get one) 50% off. At least this will save you money and can buy a few other things.
Will I buy it again?
I think it's too early for me to give an honest answer. I really want to dry the darker shade to see if that would be a better match. If it was on sale again I would definitely re-purchase. I am eager to see what else is out there for me. Can't wait to share my findings with all of you!