MAC Violetta Amplified Lipstick is a creamy reddish-purple shade with a slight violet iridescent overlay with a glossy sheen. I find this shade can be worn during the summer for a brighter lip and then during the fall/winter months paired with a deeper lip liner for a vampy look. This shade use to be a MAC PRO only shade (only available at MAC PRO locations) but now it has been added to the permanent line for everyone to enjoy.
Today's MOTD focus is based on how you can wear this lipstick to create two different looks. This was requested by one of my filofax buddies Jennifer from MY PURPLEY LIFE. I remember going to her site when I first started with my filofax adventure. It's full of useful information and inspiration! She recently won Violetta Lipstick from an Instagram giveaway I was hosting with Willow and Washi. It is the perfect lipstick for her! Lets take a look at the two different looks.
This look focuses on the lips making it the focal point of the makeup. If you are normally the type to go light on the eyes or usually wear a lot of makeup this will be a great look for you. I love pairing bright and dark lip colors with golden or bronze shadows to complement the lipstick.
Here are the products I used to create this look.
- Beletto Studio Airbrush Foundation F6 Yellow Dune
- L.A. Girl Cosmetics HD PRO Concealer Beautiful Bronze (contour) and Medium Beige (highlight)
- Colour Pop Cosmetics Super Shock Shadows Girly (highlight), and Amaze (lid) with MAC Espresso Eye Shadow blended towards the outer corners.
- L,A. Girl Cosmetics Glide Gel Liner in Metallic Copper for the bottom liner and L.A. Girl Mark My Eyes Liquid Liner for the top.
- House of Lashes Temptress Lashes
- MAC Blushbaby Blush
- MAC Cosmetics Quartz Lip Liner
Now lets change it up a bit to something more dramatic with a touch of sparkle. Try this look if you are going for more of a bold look for an evening out, party or even a dance. I kept my face products the same and only changed my eyes along with a brighter liner for the lips.
To create this look take a peek at the products below:
- Motives Mavens Element Palette - Birch (highlight), Shell (all over lid), Aubergine (first half of lid), Native (soft contour above crease) and Raven (outer corners for depth).
- L.A. Girl Glide Gel Eye Liner Royal Blue outer half of bottom eye. Mark My Eyes Liquid Liner for the top.
- Elegant Lashes #148 Lashes
- Eye Kandy Cosmetics Marshmallow Glitter (highlight used for the lower bottom of the eye)
- MAC Cosmetics Magenta Lip Liner
I really enjoyed creating two different looks with one lipstick and will continue to make it a weekly post on my blog. If there is a particular MAC lipstick (I have tons of MAC Lipsticks) that you would like to see a look for please leave a comment below!